January 9th is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, sponsored by Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.). It's time to TAKE the L.E.A.D.!
Those citizens who appreciate law enforcement and the sacrifices the men and women behind the badge continually make are encouraged to take time today to show their support. There are a number of ways to show support and say thank you:
- Change your profile picture on social media to the image above
- Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement
- Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency
- Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media
- Ask children to write letters in support of law enforcement
- Participate in Project Blue Light - Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement
Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank a police officer.
While we believe thanks and appreciation for America’s law enforcement should be given 365 days a year, we hope you will join us on January 9th in “Taking the L.E.A.D.” and showing your support for your local law enforcement officers.